+We believe the Arts are essential to the creation and sustenance of a thriving, vital community. This is where we regularly update opportunities for the Middle Tennessee creative community.
Artist Exhibit Opportunity:
April 22, 2017 – Earth Day at Hendersonville City Hall. Contact us if you’d like to exhibit.
Scholarships available for students from GFWC Woman’s Clubs :
GFWC Woman’s Club of Hendersonville is offering a $500 Art Scholarship (2 available) to Senior boys or girls majoring in the performing arts (Music, Art or Drama). Senior girls may apply for both the Art and the GFWC Woman’s Club of Hendersonville Scholarship. Judging criteria and deadline for applications are the same for both scholarships.
GFWC Woman’s Club of Hendersonville offers at least one scholarship to Senior Girls at Hendersonville high schools, $1000 to $2000. These scholarships are based on 1/3 scholastic achievement, 1/3 community service, and 1/3 financial need. Girls must have a Hendersonville address or be enrolled in a Hendersonville school. Deadline for applications is Thursday April 13, 2017.
Application forms are in the guidance counselor’s office at Station Camp High
School, Beech High School, Hendersonville High School and Merrol Hyde Magnet
School. Contact Gigi Chase at 347-0819 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any Hendersonville Woman’s Club member if you have questions after you have read the application form.
Artist Exhibiting Info (Hendersonville):
1. We are accepting artist submissions for our 5 parlor art gallery. For consideration, submit a CD of photos of your art (72 dpi is fine) + press kit, in person or mail. You can also email an electronic press kit (website with bio, portfolio of work, etc) to: email@example.com. Artist Membership required.
2. For a nominal fee of $50, you can have a vending booth at a free concert, August 26, to display and sell your art and crafts. This fee includes membership to the H.Arts Council. Artists are then informed of opportunities locally, regionally, and nationally via e-newsletter. Additionally, Artists receive an exclusive opportunity to utilize Monthaven for studio projects.
CALL FOR ARTIST SUBMISSIONS: ArtPop
The ArtPop Street Gallery competition has arrived to Middle Tennessee to shine the spotlight on our region’s talented artists by placing their work on available billboards. Local artists working in all media are invited to submit up to two artworks for consideration and possible display on 1 of 5 available billboards circulating the region in 2017. Artists are limited to two artwork submissions. (See Submission Guidelines.)
- Final Submissions Due: February 19, 2017 at 11:59pm
Eligibility: ArtPop Nashville is open to artists living or working in the Greater Nashville/Davidson County area, which includes the counties of Cannon, Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Hickman, Macon, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Smith, Sumner, Trousdale, Williamson and Wilson County. Artists must be 18 years of age or older and be a professional artists as defined on page 3 in the Public Art Guidelines
Selection and Exhibition Process: Five artworks will be chosen by Metro Arts and the ArtPop selection committee. Selected artworks will be displayed on billboards owned and managed by OUTFRONT Media throughout the Middle Tennessee area for up to one year. Billboard locations are determined by availability and at the discretion of OUTFRONT Media. Exhibited artworks may be relocated at any time during the year of display. ArtPop cannot guarantee artwork locations. Selected artists are not able to choose their artwork location.
Interested artists should provide hi-resolution digital jpg files of up to two artwork(s) for consideration. All submittals must strictly adhere to the specifications and guidelines listed below.
- Artwork that does not meet the specification requirements will not be reviewed.
- All artwork is subject to approval by Metro Arts, ArtPop and OUTFRONT Media. No offensive or slanderous work will be accepted.
- Artists must provide production-ready work that is to scale.
- Artists are limited to two artwork entries.
Artwork Submission Requirements:
- Billboard Size: 48’ w x 14’ h
- Acceptable document type: jpg
- Artwork File Sizes:
- Submission Images (Images reviewed during the selection process): All submitted images should be 24.5”w x 6” h at 100dpi.
- Final Images: Final images will be sent directly to OUTFRONT Media after the winners are announced. Artists who are selected MUST be able to provide images with the following resolutions: 24.5” w x 6” h at 300dpi or 7350 x 1800px. Final images should represent the highest quality of the image, as they will be used for application to the billboards.
- Watch this video for guided instructions on preparing your submission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jswv-_RuszI
Submit via Submittable and scroll to the bottom of page where registration is required.
For questions concerning image layouts and resolutions please contact Deidre Wieszciecinski via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (615) 913-8921
For further information, please call (615) 862-6739 or email email@example.com.
ART AT THE AIRPORT:
Deadline is March 13, 2017.
The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority and Arts at the Airport are inviting artists to submit their qualifications to design and install a public artwork to be integrated onto one column in the lobby area of each floor of a six-story parking garage (six columns total) under construction at Nashville International Airport. Artists must comply with the submission requirements described in this Request for Qualifications to be considered.
Applications must be submitted electronically via www.callforentry.org.
|March 13, 2017||Application Deadline|
|May 1, 2017||Finalists Selected and Notified|
|May/June 2017||Site Visits.|
|August 2017||Finalist Presentations|
|TBD||Installation and Project Completion|